Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Craft Challenge #4

Shelley challenged us with the theme of "dolls." 
This was especially fun for me. I adore dolls. I played with Barbies until I was 12 (or was it 13?). In my defense it was more acceptable to play with dolls back in the '80s, however I'm sure I would have been a closet doll-player in this day and age, too. In fact, I just might be!

Hello, dollies!

Shelley created a doll using felted sweaters. The hair is especially clever - embellishments used at Anthropologie for their Christmas bags. Way to recycle, Shelley.





Carrie knitted an super-cute cat. She needle felted the eyes, nose and heart. So adorable!


I used fabric scraps, felt, embroidery floss, and more to create this pint-sized gal.




And so ends our first installment of the Craft Challenges. We're taking a break for the summer so we can work on our own projects. Carrie: finding a house, Shelley: running her husband's law firm and her daughter's life, and myself: too many to list. I'll post my progress!

No comments: