Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Craft Challenge Numero Tres

I will just say up front that neither Shelley, Carrie, or myself won the mood board contest.
However, we all had a lot of fun with this one. It was great to feel like a part of the greater creative blogging community.

The idea behind this contest was to use one or more of Amy Butler's fabric swatches from her new line of prints entitled "Midwest Modern" and create a room based on the pattern, palette, and general "mood" of the swatches. I was bubbling with joy watching all of the great entries roll in. Here are our boards:

Carrie reflected on nature to create an outdoor space entitled "Life Alfresco."


I became engulfed in pink while creating the "Girly-Girl Oasis."


Shelley created her ideal outdoor sanctuary which is appropriately named "Summertime and the Livin' is Easy"


I think we all deserve a kudos. And to think that Amy Butler looked through (and, okay, rejected) our boards made me giddy!

Of the people that were finalists, here are my top 3 favorites:



And my super-all-time-favorite board from Zoe Tucker (I want to be this "children's book designer living in England." Sounds magical, doesn't it?)

No comments: